Accredited Trainers Training
We had hoped to hold the next Accredited Training in Melbourne in 2020 but this seems unlikely at this time. The information remains here for your interest.
Would you like to Train others in your Organisation to use Talking Mats?
The Accredited Course teaches you how to train people to use Talking Mats. It focuses on how to provide a constructive framework to allow people to learn from their videos, how to manage group dynamics, updates on the latest Talking Mats research and how to answer those frequently asked questions. This is a highly reflective course.
How to Apply
• To be eligible to apply you must have successfully completed the Talking Mats Foundation Training and have experience using Talking Mats
• Submit a video of your use of Talking Mats to be used during the course along with your application form
The applicant must provide evidence that:
- They are trained and experienced in the use of Talking Mats (provide 3 example reports).
- They have a high-level knowledge of language and communication development.
- They have good presentation skills.
- They have an understanding of Talking Mats research.
- They understand that they are entering into offering a licensed product and have the capacity to run and administer training events.
Things you should know:
- This is an assessed course.
- Course numbers will be limited to allow for quality discussion.
- You will be trained to run the course in the format - 2 x ½ day Talking Mats Foundation Training. In this training format each participant produces a video of a Talking Mat to share in the second session.
- On successful completion of this course, trainers will be permitted to run Talking Mats training courses within their organisations at a reasonable rate. There is a maximum number of participants per course and limited number of courses per license per year. License details can be supplied upon application.
- You will receive all the resources required to deliver the course with your training—including access to the digital resource (iOS Talking Mats app for iPad – iPad not included).
- You will be supported in developing your Talking Mats training skills
HOW THE LICENCING WORKS:
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a license to use the Talking Mats Intellectual Property to train others in Talking Mats. The initial License Fee is included in the course fee here. The year after qualification an annual fee applies to maintain your licence. This is your license fee. For each person you train a nominal royalty + administration fee is charged by Talking Mats Australia. The Royalty is returned to Talking Mats Ltd UK. You can charge the organisation or individuals to pass on this fee. The administration of the courses you run and the fee collection is the trainer’s responsibility and part of the license requirement. The license goes with you if you move positions. The licensing provides for you to run a maximum number of courses per year. Several license options are available and are priced accordingly. Zyteq Trading As Talking Mats Australia manages the Australian administration of the Accredited Trainers and sells the resources in Australia for your course participants trained.
HOW THE COURSE WORKS:
- The Accredited Trainers Course runs over two full days. Lunch and morning and afternoon refreshments are included. The course is assessed and requires a high level of participation, including presenting to the group and showing your video. At various times the group divides into smaller groups and includes a one-to-one evaluation session. You can choose to stay at the hotel accommodation at the venue, or another hotel of your choosing or attend in a day capacity. Accommodation is not included in the cost and you can book your own accommodation directly with the venue. More information will be provided about this as you will be eligible for a discount.
What happens next? How to apply
Applications will open when the next course is announced.
If you are not sure whether you are eligible or have questions, please contact Talking Mats Australia at
email@example.com or phone (03) 9696 2944