To join the wait list and to:
- Be notified first of the next training
- Please head to the Expression of Interest form
Talking Mats Virtual Foundation Training
This course format requires attendance at two sessions plus a practical homework tasks with your own Talking Mat.
The last course sold out in under 6 hours, so please act quickly.
Sold outDates: Thursday 4 November and Thursday 2 December, 2021
(attendance at both sessions is required to complete the training)
Times: 1:45PM to 5:00PM EST (MEL/SYD time) for both sessions
If this course date does not suit or is fully booked please join the waiting list to be notified first of upcoming courses, please go to this link here or scroll to the bottom of the page for more information.
Our new format Talking Mats Virtual Foundation Training is now open for registration. This course is based on the in-person 2 x 1/2 day format but is held online, so you can join from anywhere in Australia. This course combines our favourite elements which are:
- completing the training in under 7 hours
- in an interactive small group format
- with shared and self video reflection.
You learn about the background and evidence-base of Talking Mats, in an interactive online format where you share ideas and the experience of the group. Between session 1 and session 2 you start using Talking Mats with a client and video your session and use the self-reflection template. We will round out the learning in session 2, and with full attendance and active participation in both sessions you can achieve your certification in Talking Mats Foundation Training.
So it's two focused sessions with cameras on and mics open for discussion, and a break mid session. For those who want to go the extra step there'll be the opportunity for a select few to share your video for the group video reflection. This is a key way to get added value from the training in a group reflection activity. [If you prefer self-paced online learning you are looking for the Online Training at this link. This is 4 modules to be completed over 6 weeks. We are not offering this format in 2021].
Virtual Foundation Training Inclusions :
- 2 x 1/2 day sessions online,
- 1 x Talking Mats standard resource of your choice + a mat
- Talking Mats eBook
- Complete the training within a month over 2 sessions (6.5 hours), with some practical homework.
- Option to have your video presented in a group reflection activity.
- Experienced licensed trainers from Talking Mats Australia
- A certificate upon passing.
- Join worldwide Talking Mats Community
- Ongoing purchase of resources at the price for trained members.
Registrations close: two weeks prior to start or when fully booked. The first course in this format sold out in under 6 hours, so please act quickly.
This course will help you to:
- Understand the Talking Mats communication framework
- Have increased awareness of your own communication style
- Use Talking Mats to better support people with communication difficulties
- Use a tool which evidences your commitment to person centered working.
To successfully complete the training, online attendance and participation with 'cameras on' is how we aim to achieve a vibrant virtual setting to parallel the in-person training. Full attendance at both sessions in required to successfully complete the course. (We emphasise this because it it is not possible to complete all the learning modules if leaving early).
Session 1: Thursday 4 November 2021, 1:45PM to 5:00PM EST (MEL/SYD time)
Session 2: Thursday 2 December 2021, 1:45PM to 5:00PM EST (MEL/SYD time)
Location: Online with Zoom.
Number of places: 10
Registrations close two week prior to start date or when fully booked
Expression of Interest form
Please submit your details on the form link here to receive the announcement of upcoming training sessions - link here and at the end of this section.
> Other sessions coming soon!
In the meantime please register your expression of interest to be notified of upcoming training sessions.
To register your interest
in Talking Mats Foundation Training for yourself or your organisation please click on the link to complete the Expression of Interest form.