Talking Mats Online Foundation Training
New Course - Sorry FULLY BOOKED!
To join the waiting list & to be notified first of upcoming courses, please go to this link here or scroll to the bottom of the page for more information.
Talking Mats Online Foundation Training is now open for registration. This course uses the course content from Talking Mats Ltd in Scotland and is hosted by the Talking Mats Australia.
Please click the link to proceed to the registration and payment process
Course Starts: Wednesday 7th October 2020 3:00PM AEST
Access to Online Course: for 6 weeks from start date
Course Includes: Video Reflection Sessions with Talking Mats Australia Accredited Trainers. Choose a session from either Wed Nov 11 or Thurs Nov 12 3:00 - 4:30PM.
Registrations close: fully booked 22/9/2020
This course will help you to:
- Understand the Talking Mats communication framework
- Have increased awareness of your own communication style
- Use Talking Mats to better support people with communication difficulties
- Use a tool which evidences your commitment to person centred working.
The course will start on Wednesday October 7th 2020 with a one hour videocall welcome session.
Welcome Session: Wednesday October 7th 3:00PM - 4:00PM AEST
- After this you will have access to the online course for 6 weeks.
- 4 modules, with 2 assessment tasks.
- The course also has a forum for interaction.
- In the second week of November online group sessions will be held for video reflection. (dates shown above and attendance at one session is required).
Number of places: 16
[Pricing note: if you are comparing with the price of the UK course, what you can compare is the price without a resource - Training Only - and we are including a single resource rather than the bundles. So this converts to something like $350 + $118 = $468 value with the additional online group sessions and support from the Australian licensed trainers.]
- Access to the online course and course materials for 6 weeks.
- Access to and support from Australian Licensed Trainers
- A talking Mats original resource, and eBook manual and a mat.
- A certificate upon passing.
- Join worldwide Talking Mats Community
- Ongoing purchase of resources at the price for trained members.
It is designed to take 12 hours of your time. However, everybody works at a different rate so for some it may be quicker and for some longer. You can do the assignments at your own pace, but it is important that you complete all the tasks within 6 weeks.
As part of the course you will be asked to make a short film of you doing a Talking Mat. If possible, this should be with someone with a communication impairment. This must be submitted no later than a week before the end of the course. We will hold a group zoom meeting for the video reflection session as we find that sharing the videos in our small class group provides a most powerful learning environment. During the global pandemic we understand this may not be possible to make a video. You can video yourself doing a Talking Mat with someone you are sharing the house with or if that is not possible we will arrange for you to do a remote Talking Mat with your tutor using our digital Talking Mat.
Module I. What is a Talking Mat?
Module 2. The evidence supporting Talking Mats and who can use it.
Module 3. The benefits of using a Talking Mat for the listener and the thinker
Module 4. Using Talking Mats creatively
Each module has-
- A teaching session
- An activity which may be watching videos, a quiz or an open forum where we ask you to share your ideas, questions and comments. This means you contribute to a discussion and other group members can see it.
You need to complete each module before moving onto the next one
At the end of each module you will see - Some extra resources related to this module
In this you will find extra reading, references and a written transcript to accompany the slides that do not have subtitles.
Each course has a Talking Mats trainer who is hosting the course and is available to answer your questions. To contact your trainer you can:
- send an email using the contact details below
- post queries on the forum
- send a direct message by clicking the message icon on the top right of the page.
You will be assessed on
- Your engagement with the activities
- Your reflective practice tasks
Please click the link to proceed to the registration and payment process.
Registrations close one week prior to start date or when fully booked
Sorry Fully Booked 22/9/2020
Expression of Interest form
Please submit your details on the form link here to receive the announcement of upcoming training sessions - link here and at the end of this section.
> Other sessions coming soon!
In the meantime please register your expression of interest to be notified of upcoming training sessions.
To register your interest
in Talking Mats Foundation Training for yourself or your organisation please click on the link to complete the Expression of Interest form.